Is your girlfriend into luxury and designer jewelry? Getting them the perfect necklace may just be an ideal romantic gift. However, choosing the right one may be challenging, especially if you don’t know what you are looking for.
In this article, we will help you find something your partner would love without having to stress about it.
Think of the Length
The first thing you should consider is the length of the necklace you want to get. Necklaces come in different lengths depending on what you intend to use them for. Here’s a quick overview of some necklace lengths:
- Collar: 14–16-inch necklaces that lie against the neck or right about the collarbone
- Choker: 16-inch necklaces that are high on the neck
- Princess: 18-inch necklaces sitting below the collarbone
- Matinee: 22-inch necklaces that lie above or centered at the bust
- Opera: 30-inch necklaces that sit below the bust or near the belly button
- Lariat: 34-inch necklaces that may sit at or below the belly button but it usually adjusted
The length of the necklace can be determined by your girlfriend’s height and fashion style. If she wears a lot of V-neck tops, you can get her a princess necklace that forms a V and accentuates the neckline of her tops.
If she likes wearing low-cut or strapless tops, go for a choker that shows off her neck and shoulders without clashing with the neckline. Longer necklaces like the matinee and opera-length necklaces fit turtlenecks and high crew-neck pieces.
What Style Would She Want?
Most women have a long list of necklaces they want that they have found online or in fashion magazines and probably have a wish list of what they want.
If she has a specific style of necklace that she wants, take note of it and check the list below to see if you can find something that would fit her style.
- Pendant: This may be the necklace you are most familiar with. The chain is a separate item from the pendant, which is the piece’s focal point. You can have pendants with a personal or sentimental meaning, which makes these ideal romantic gifts.
- Locket: This is a pendant necklace that features a small compartment-style pendant. You can add photos or keepsakes in the compartment. These also look great with other necklaces for layering.
- Lavaliere: These are large pendant necklaces with delicate chains. Several thin chains connect to the focal point pendant, and smaller elements may dangle on the other chains. These are ideal for light, feminine, or bohemian-style clothing.
- Bib: Wide triangular or circular portions extending from the neck. These are formal statement pieces.
- Graduated: These are beaded necklaces with the size of each bead increasing towards the middle and decreasing towards the other end. These are usually made of pearls.
- Festoon: These fit like a choker or collar, ideal for low necklines and off-shoulder tops.
These are just some styles you can choose from. Your jewelry store may offer more diamond necklace styles than these.
With the detailed information above, you should have a better idea of getting the perfect necklace for your partner. A designer necklace can make an excellent gift for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and other special occasions.
Before making your purchase, make sure you know the length, style, and color of the necklace you want to buy. Knowing what type of necklace she wants will make it easier to choose the perfect necklace for your significant other.
Are you looking for diamond necklaces in Santa Fe? DIVA Diamonds and Jewels offers a variety of necklace lengths and styles for you to choose from. Schedule an appointment with us today!